Did you know?
- Harpenden Colts provides football to 1,300 children each week
- we already have 300 girls, with a record-breaking U7 intake of 43 girls this season
- we have a thriving Inclusive Football section
- we have 87 squads training and playing across 10 venues each week
- we are in the top 5 grassroots clubs nationally, in terms of size
- our subs work out at less than £3 per session, and
- the Club is run almost entirely by our community of volunteers
We can’t do this without your help!
A common misconception is that we only need volunteers with footballing experience. We do need those coaches and squad leads of course, but we also have rewarding volunteer vacancies across a wide range of other disciplines, including:
- Child Welfare and Safeguarding
- Facilities Management
- Equipment Procurement
- Girls’ Section Secretary/admin
- Club, Girls’ Section and Year Group Management
- Social Media and Marketing
If you would like to support the Club’s mission to instil a life-long love of football as a physical and social activity for our members, see the Role Details below and contact our Club Administrator, Rachel Beagent at email@example.com
We are looking for new volunteers to join our team in the following roles
Child Welfare & Safeguarding
The Facilities team is responsible for ensuring that our 87 squads all have somewhere to train and play matches. The role involves making strategic decisions about the allocation of squads between venues, accessing FA grants for improvements and agreeing long term plans of use to ensure that the Club has ongoing access to appropriate facilities. It also involves managing the Club’s relationship with our venues, including booking, budgeting, invoicing and dealing with any issues that arise during the season. The role would suit a small group of people working together – splitting the venues between them.
The Club Welfare Officer has a very rewarding role, working alongside the Club Welfare Team (currently 5 other volunteers) to ensure that both players and volunteers are safe when playing football. By overseeing volunteer DBS checks, preventing issues with the promotion of FA Respect campaigns and managing incidents, the Club Welfare Officer’s responsibility is to maintain Welfare and Safeguarding as a key Club priority; striving to ensure that everyone involved in football at Colts feels comfortable, free and able to enjoy the game in a positive environment.
Girls’ Section Secretary
This role acts as the primary point of contact for all aspects of administration within the ever-growing Girls Section of the Club. It includes liaising with Herts FA, the Herts Girls Football Partnership League, Girls Section Year Group/Squad Leads, as well as the wider Football Management Committee (FMC). To continue expanding the Girls section, the Club has recently appointed a new Girls’ Section Lead (Emma Whiteford) as well as a Football Development Officer (Paul Wright). The Girls’ Secretary will therefore work very closely alongside both Emma & Paul to oversee this development. It’s a great opportunity to get involved in helping to drive and build the ambitious strategy of Colts’ fastest-growing section.
This vital role involves ensuring all our squads and venues have the equipment they need to play football, from balls and bibs, to cones and corner flags. Existing equipment provision is audited at the end of each season, and any new equipment required is ordered and distributed to our squads. Working with our Treasurer and Kit Procurement Officer, the Club couldn’t function without it!
Reasons to volunteer
- Any of these roles can be undertaken as a job share
- Full training and handover with the in-post volunteer/s will be provided
- Come and join our team of 25 volunteers on the FMC (Football Management Committee) who oversee the running of the Club
- No prior football knowledge or coaching experience is required…
- …just enthusiasm to be a part of the Colts team, and deliver a great footballing experience for all our members!
Contact our Club Administrator, Rachel Beagent at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more and register your interest.